We are pleased to have worked with PR Hound during our crowd-funding campaign for Animal Gods. Not only did they reach out to over 19,000 media contacts & garner our project significant press attention, they were also very “hands-on” with running the project itself. We spoke with them everyday and they offered valuable feedback to help maximize our total funding. Through their aid, Animal Gods reached its target!
Kara Myren; Lead Programmer at Still Games.
Animal Gods is a beautifully illustrated, 2D top-down game with a focus on zen-like journeying, light puzzling, precision-platforming and fallen gods.
The Animal Gods have fallen. Once sacred, they are now husks—haunted beasts lost to toxic fumes from a great bronze industry. Play as Thistle, a small & agile warrior hellbent on destroying the curse that plagues these creatures. Wield a 17th century BC Bronze Sword… and set the Gods free.
- Cloak of Flame: Dash / warp through toxic-maze like rivers. Dashing moves Thistle a fixed distance over a fixed amount of time and upgrades to The Long Dash.
- Map of The Unholy: Lets you choose dungeons in any order. Journey to the Gardens of Gwyn, the Halls of Eynd, and the Coast of Syn. Find the weapon and weapon upgrade in each dungeon to defeat the Animal Gods.
- Light Puzzling: Puzzles rely on approximately 75% skill and 25% strategy. Each dungeon asks players to assess the obstacle ahead and approach cautiously. Puzzles are largely skill-based requiring a hint of strategy and luck.
- Character Driven Story: Find notes left by occult-leader Jessuh, starry-eyed Juliette and Scientist Sven. Animal Gods‘ story balances the relationship between three key characters and their ties to the dark underbelly of the City of Sky Mirror.
- Lives-09-Mode: 09-Lives mode unlocks after successfully completing Animal Gods on “normal” and challenges you to complete dungeons with 09-lives or less.
Learn more about Animal Gods here.
Want to talk to PR Hound about how we can help with the launch of your indie game? Head on over to our PR services page and let’s talk!